Wednesday, May 10, 2006

In Phoenix

I can't believe that I didn't take a camera with me on this trip! We arrived in Scottsdale and the Mercedes was exactly where the previous owner said it would be. The key was under the passenger mat. She started right up and I drove her around the shopping center parking lot to get a feel for the vehicle. After that, Rob took over driving the 240D and we headed for the Scottsdale Country Inn and Suites. After check-in, Sue, Siku and I relaxed in our suite while Rob and Frankie took off to explore the town in the ML320. I didn't want Rob to drive the 240D because if he were in a fender-bender the car would probably be totaled, and that would not be fair to him. I drove the 240D around Scottsdale later in the afternoon to enjoy the new ride. Now, 240D's are not the swiftest vehicles on the planet, but that is good in Scottsdale since they have cameras that catch speeders - even radar detectors are useless in that town!

No comments: