Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Jim's Fine Car Service

Mickey Hollingshead owns Jim's Fine Car Service, which is located off of San Mateo in Albuquerque. He took the new car into his shop on May 9, and is diligently working to adjust the 240D to my requirements. Because of the dust devil that hit us in Arizona, the Mercedes needs a replacement wheel and a wheel alignment. Mickey recommended new tires all around, and I agreed.

The car came without a rear dome light, so Mickey ordered one. It needed new glow plugs. It needed new brake pads. There was a leak in the transmission that Mickey is chasing down. Finally, it needed a key issue solved; the previous owner had replaced the ignition switch with one that did not match the other locks and he did not provide me with a door key, so I could not lock the vehicle! Mickey has ordered a new ignition switch that is based on the VIN, so hopefully the new key that comes with it will provide me with locking capabilities.

I have spent the last week and this week without my new vehicle, a very difficult proposition for me since my other Mercedes was damaged in a collision last week; it is drivable, but looks rather bad on the driver side thanks to a Toyota pickup that slammed into another Toyota pickup and then slid into my driver side and burst into flame (I thought this only happened in the movies!). Mickey said that he may be done with the new Benz at the end of this week.

No comments: